Here are a few rules that we think you should follow while using the chat rooms.
- Don’t talk in UPPERCASE. In chat rooms, talking in UPPERCASE letters is considered “shouting” and is very annoying to read. You won’t make a lot of friends by talking in UPPERCASE text. The Quiz Captain can ask questions in caps, though.
- Don’t be impatient for responses. Some users are connected at a slow speed to NewMoonMovie.org chat system and cannot get your messages instantly. They also might not be a very quick at typing.
- Don’t be a jerk. Flooding, repeating, advertising web sites, harassing people, and swearing is not cool. Most likely you will be kicked or banned for doing these things anyway so please don’t do them.
- If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all – at least in public! We want the chat rooms to be a positive environment so please take your spats, squabbles and skirmishes elsewhere.
- Keep the obscenities, vulgarity and sexually questionable content to an absolute minimum. Try to keep your public messages PG 13.
- Keep personal information personal! A busy and fast-paced public chatroom is not the best place to share your or anybody else’s personal information. Sharing personal information can be dangerous. This includes full names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Show your fellow chatters respect and be tolerant. If you disagree with them or you don’t like what they’re saying, it’s not your business to let them know. Religious tolerance is also necessary.
- Avoid repeating the same message over and over. While the chat software does have mechanisms to limit this, they’re not perfect – don’t abuse.
- If someone breaks the rules, let the Moderators do their job. A polite reminder of the rules is acceptable, but don’t stoop to their level.
- Have some courtesy for your fellow chatters. If someone has a question that you know the answer to then feel free to answer. Say hi when they come in, say goodbye when they leave. You’ll make their day.
- Since we can only speak English, and are not able to moderate other languages, English is the only language permitted in the chatroom.
- Don’t ask to be a moderator. The administrators usually choose room moderators who do not ask to be one and who are always at NewMoonMovie.org chat trying to help others.
- And last but not least.. Be nice! Very simple – just be nice. Don’t be a jerk and try to ruin everybody’s time – NewMoonMovie.org chat is intended to be a fun hangout. Do your best to keep it fun!